Put a House Key on Your Dog Leash

Keep an extra key to your house and/or car on the end of your dog leash. When you take your pet for a walk in the neighborhood, or in the park, you will not have to worry about locking yourself out accidentally. You also won't have to worry about losing your keys if they are in your pocket when your dog starts running, you won't have to take your purse, your keys will always be there, handy and useful!

By Chichijunk from Cleveland, OH

Now wouldn't this be a trip if your dog breaks loose runs home, opens the door and decides to lock you out of your own house. Or even better decides to take a joy ride in your vehicle. LOL! :0)

I wouldn't recommend this unless your dog is too old and slow to run anymore. If your dog does get away from you or wanders at all; you risk losing your house key to anyone who would love to rob your home while you're out walking your dog around the neighborhood.

Not a bad idea - but you must see that you have a very good strong leash with strong attachment clips that won't come loose when your dog takes you for a run - (Smiles)

Moonrose

Wonderful idea! My son and his family have a very slow moving bassett. She wouldn't run away under any circumstances. thanks

Always some "nay sayers". This is one of the best tips I've seen in awhile. One I'll certainly use.

I also say use extreme caution doing this. I walk trails with my dogs and attached my car's "popper" to the leash one day only to find when we arrived back at the car that it was gone. We back tracked for hours until I found the "brown popper" lying in "brown" autumn leaves. I won't be doing that ever again!

That is a good idea! But please remember to take your Drivers Licenses with you for ID in case something happens to you!!

Bad idea dogs have a tendency to slip away from their owners control for whatever reason. If the owner somehow drops the leash & the dog takes off and can't be found then what? You won't be able to get into your house and maybe if you do there might be a burglar waiting for you. Better to have the keys elsewhere.

Pets Dogs AdviceApril 29, 2009
Using a Keyless Remote
Using a Keyless Remote
Trained Dog Not Running Away
Training a Dog to Not Run Away
Dog on Homemade Rope Leash
Making Your Own Dog Leash
Cat attached to a leash.
Training Your Cat to Walk on a Leash
🎄
🍂