Use Diaper Disposal Bags For Dog Cleanup

I purchase small bags at the dollar store for picking up doggie duty. Now I buy the small bags marked diaper disposal, because you get 75 for the same price as 50 doggie bags. The only difference is the color.

By pilch92 from Ware, MA

I use the plastic bags the store packs my groceries in. I put my hand in the bag and use it to pick up the poop. Turn it inside out, tie a knot and drop in my trash can on the way back into the house. Best part they are totally free!

February 25, 2011 Flag

I live in an apartment complex and also have a dog. I have to walk him several times a day so I have to purchase "doggy poop bags". I bought these bags at my local Dollar Tree, but the boxes of black doggy bags only have forty bags per box. I discovered that by buying the diaper disposal bags instead I get 70 or 75 per box. The diaper ones are peach instead of black but they are identical and have a nice fragrance to them. Better to get more for my buck. Hope this helps others.

By Carol from Las Vegas, NV

I do the exact same thing! (06/25/2010)

By cookwie

Be sure and ask the produce manager first (instead of just taking them because that would be plain out and out stealing) but I asked my grocery store produce manager if it would be okay to take seven extra produce bags a week to use for scooping my kitty's clumping litter box daily because I am disabled and on a very restricted budget. He didn't mind at all and gave me a thumbs up to go ahead. I also save my used produce bags that didn't get any holes poked in them and end up only having to retrieve those seven a week that I was given the go ahead to take just once or twice a month. It's worth asking and would save you even more than your excellent frugal idea is saving you now. If you don't have a covered indoor trash can all you need to do is walk the potty scooped baggies to the outdoor trash can to keep a fresh smelling home since the produce bags aren't scented. ;-) (06/25/2010)

By Deeli

Pets Dogs AdviceFebruary 28, 2011
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer), Man's hands holding a power screwdriver to a garbage disposal.
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer)
Celery and Banana Going into Garbage Disposal
Cleaning a Garbage Disposal
kitchen sink
Unclogging a Garbage Disposal
Diaper Pail
Getting Rid of Gnats in a Diaper Pail