Snowman Soup and Poem Gift

Category Jar Mixes
A hot cocoa with marshmallows and a candy cane stirrer.
This cute tasty hot chocolate gift is sure to please around the holidays. This is a guide about snowman soup and poem gift.

Snowman Soup Recipe I

I have seen several varieties of Snowman soup on the internet. Here is my version. I buy my mugs at the dollar store ($1 each). Wash them well. I got approximately. 12 gifts out of this recipe.
  • 4 cups powdered coffee creamer
  • 1 cup cocoa
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 12 oz milk chocolate chips
  • 6 oz semisweet chocolate chips
  • 2 Tbsp. vanilla powder (optional)
  • miniature marshmallows
  • candy canes (wrapped) or cinnamon sticks.

Mix all ingredients well. Place 3 heaping tablespoons per serving in a small plastic bag (I used enough for 2 servings) and close with a twist tie. Place candy cane or cinnamon stick in mug. Place plastic bag in bottom of mug then place a paper cupcake liner on top of bag. Fill with approx. 15 mini marshmallows. Place filled mug into a small plastic bag or wrap with plastic wrap and tie at top (I found a mug fits well into a Glad sandwich bag if you line the handle up with the corner side). Decorate with curly ribbon, etc. Attach following on a card:

Snowman Soup

"Was told you've been real good this year. Always glad to hear it! With freezing weather drawing near, you'll need to warm the spirit. So, here's a little Snowman Soup, complete with stirring stick. Add hot water and sip it slow, it's sure to do the trick"

Add a message on the back of the card for directions: Mix 3 heaping tablespoons with hot water and enjoy! If you use enough for 2 then add a message noting there is enough for 2 mugs of soup to enjoy or share with a friend.

This was an easy and inexpensive treat for craft shows, small gifts, etc. Hope you enjoy!

By Hvnlyhills from Peebles, OH

Snowman Soup II

This comes from somewhere, it was sent to me. If its yours, let me know and I'll put your name in here!
  • 1 package hot chocolate mix
  • 3 Hershey Kisses or Hugs
  • 10 miniature marshmallows
  • 1 peppermint candy cane

Place all of the above into a new mug, then cover or wrap with cellophane, decorate and attach the following poem.

"Was told you've been real good this year.
Always glad to hear it.
With freezing weather drawing near
you'll need to warm the Spirit

So here's a little snowman soup
complete with a stirring stick.
Add hot water, sip it slow,
it's sure to do the trick!"

What a clever idea!!! I love it!!! Thanx Hvnlyhills!!!

I love this idea!!! How sweet!

thank you!

I DID THIS AS CHRISTMAS GIFTS LAST YEAR FOR ALL MY CO-WORKERS AT THE HOSPITAL. YOU CAN FIND NEAT INEXPENSIVE MUGS AT THE DOLLAR STORE. I USED INDIVIDUAL PACKS OF COCOA MIX INSTEAD OF MIXING UP MY OWN. I PUT THE MARSHMALLOWS IN A BAGGIE AND TIED IT UP WITH A CANDY CANE AND RIBBON THEN PUT IN THE MUG. I FILLED THE REMAINING SPACE WITH CANDY KISSES.

Anonymous

I HAVE DONE SNOWMAN SOUP AS GIFTS FOR CHILDREN - PUT POEM AND INGREDIENTS IN A CERAMIC MUG; TIE IT UP WITH CLEAR WRAP, TIE A PLAID RIBBON.

I TYPED THE SNOWMAN SOUP POEM AND FRAMED IT; IT SITS ON AN EASEL ON MY KITCHEN COUNTER NEAR MY BEVERAGE CENTER AT HOLIDAY TIMES; I KEEP IT OUT UNTIL WINTER IS OVER!