Medicine Bottle Carolers
Recycled medicine bottles for carolers.
Approximate Time: 45 minutes to 1 hour
- medicine bottles
- wooden balls
- scrap cloth
- flesh color paint
- black paint
- hot glue
- old song book
- I took 3 medicine bottles and turned them upside down. I painted the wooden balls a flesh color, let dry, then painted faces with black paint.
- Then I hot glued the heads to the medicine bottles.
- Then I cut out cloth to make their clothes.
- I glued ribbon in half for strength to make the arms. Then glued the arms on.
- I covered the arms with cloth also.
- Then I cut out an old song sheet where the notes are for song books and glued them to their hands.
You could use pipe cleaners for the arms as well.
By Melissa from Bessemer City, NC
December 31, 20090 found this helpful
I did the same thing years ago only I used Kraft Salad Dressing Jars. Worked really well. They lasted about l5 years I hated to throw them out because one of the carolers reminded us so much of a loved one that had passed on years age. that we loved so much and got such a kick out of while she was still living.
October 20, 20140 found this helpful
I love this idea for using medicine bottles. Well done.
October 19, 20160 found this helpful
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 24, 2016 at 11:24:50 AM on 10.0.0.227 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us