Share Crafts

Calcium Deposits Around Swimming Pools

What type of acid is required to remove calcium deposits from pool tile? Muratic?

By Jeff from AZ

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Spacecase 11 79 01/22/2015

Yes Jeff, it is Muriatic Acid but straight White Vinegar heated until hot works just as well with no danger. I cleaned my entire pools tiles last summer which hadn't been cleaned in years. They all sparkle now.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the comments that were provided then.

Archive: Calcium Deposits Around Swimming Pools

I read all the tips on cleaning toilet bowls but what about swimming pool calcium build up on the tile? I have tried sandpaper, pumice stone, and other items. I can't find anything strong enough to get rid of it. It is so expensive to have someone come out and clean it.

RE: Calcium Deposits Around Swimming Pools

You need to have the calcium level of your swimming pool checked. The calcium deposits means that your calcium level is too high. The only way to get rid of the calcium deposits off of your tile is to do an acid wash on your swimming pool. It will be a bit expensive to fill up the pool and balance the water again but it will help keep the calcium deposits off of your tile. (08/02/2005)

By txsunshine36