Calcium Deposits Around Swimming Pools

What type of acid is required to remove calcium deposits from pool tile? Muratic?

By Jeff from AZ

Answers

Yes Jeff, it is Muriatic Acid but straight White Vinegar heated until hot works just as well with no danger. I cleaned my entire pools tiles last summer which hadn't been cleaned in years. They all sparkle now.

May 10, 2010 Flag

I read all the tips on cleaning toilet bowls but what about swimming pool calcium build up on the tile? I have tried sandpaper, pumice stone, and other items. I can't find anything strong enough to get rid of it. It is so expensive to have someone come out and clean it.

vdougan

Answers:

Calcium Deposits Around Swimming Pools

You need to have the calcium level of your swimming pool checked. The calcium deposits means that your calcium level is too high. The only way to get rid of the calcium deposits off of your tile is to do an acid wash on your swimming pool. It will be a bit expensive to fill up the pool and balance the water again but it will help keep the calcium deposits off of your tile. (08/02/2005)

By txsunshine36

Pool Tiles
Cleaning Pool Tiles
Home and Garden Home Improvement Pools and Hot TubsMay 10, 2010
Above Ground  Swimming Pool
Saving Energy on Swimming Pools
Water Heater
Removing Calcium Deposits in a Water Heater
Girl with Long Hair in Swimming Pool
Preventing Damaged Hair From Swimming Pools
Lanscaping around a swimming pool.
Landscaping Around Swimming Pools
🎄