Makeup Brushes Are A Good Cat Toy

I have found that cats love to play with make-up brushes. From big to small brushes, cats can bat them, carry them in their mouth, hide them, and even play fetch. Most women have more than one of these lying around and usually throw them away when they done using them. I suggest rinsing them off and giving them to your cat. I have never seen a cat not adore them, and when my beloved cat Puffer Stuff died, I found her stash of over half a dozen brushes in our basement.

By Nina from Salt Lake City, UT

They also like balled up receipts (after entering them in your budget notebook/spread sheet of course) the rings from milk jugs and other small items that roll around well on tile floors. Here's to Hockey Kitty.

I have four cats and they will steal just about anything they can move! Once a week I pull out the drawer under the stove and retrieve their toys as well as everything they stole. Once it makes it to the basement though, it's gone! Too hard to find.

One of my kittens loves makeup brushes, especially the roundish ones used for mineral makeup. Finally I bought her a cheap one at the beauty supply shop. She lit up, ran over and took it from me as soon as I took it out of the bag. She still loves having her own brush and seems to not steal mine as often!

She also loves the 39 cent foam brushes from the art supply store. She now has several stashed all over my home. Go Kitty! They don't play with the store bought toys. Waste of money when the bag is more entertaining.

My Siam-Manx also steals my husband's little brush he uses to get the dust off the TV screen. I have a larger one to dust the ceiling fans and knick-knacks and such, but it's too big to drag off! He also loves to play in paper grocery bags,with balled-up paper of any kind, and with those small plastic drink bottles that that drink Bug Juice (my g-kids love it!), comes in. I'll wash the bottle out, let it dry and take the label off using WD-40, then stick a couple of large colored beads in it and glue the top back on. I do that to keep my 3 yr old g-daughter, better known as the Energizer Bunny, from opening it and swallowing the beads! Cardboard boxes, they're like small kids at Christmas - after they open the present they'll play with the toy for about 5 minutes, then have fun playing with the boxes the toys came in the rest of the day!

It's so much fun watching them, though isn't it? Oh, and old shoestrings! My Mom used to have a cat that stole socks and her hairbrush. She'd just laugh it off and go look under her sofa to clean out his stash. He never seemed to mind that she did it - guess he figured that she was making that much more room for his next raid!

A kitten with a ball of yarn.
Saving Money on Cat Toys
Pets Cats Cat ToysSeptember 19, 2007
Paint laden art brushes in a jar.
Cleaning Artist Brushes
Two hair brushes and a comb.
Cleaning and Disinfecting Brushes and Combs
Cleaning Hair from a Brush
Removing Hair from Brushes
A selection of brushes used to apply makeup.
Cleaning Makeup Brushes
🎉
🎄