Use Shower Curtains for Drapery

I use some of the pretty shower curtains on my windows as my curtains. I have a white lacy type on the bathroom window and looks great. Long ago when I got my first home, we used a nice double layered shower curtain in my dining room. The material ones work best. In a pinch, it's a frugal idea until you find the curtains you like or want.

Source: My mom

By diva53d from Foymount, Ontario

I could not find any curtains I liked for the bedroom. But I did like a shower curtain. I cut it into four panels and hemmed their sides. I only needed narrow panels at the sides to finish the windows because I have upholstered valances and sheers over blinds. Looks great at a fraction of the cost!

Thanks for the tip!

Shower curtains for porch windows.

Shower curtains were quick, easy and inexpensive for my porch. I have 12 windows in my enclosed porch. We installed white 1 inch and 1/4 round wooden curtain rods and used the white plastic round curtain hooks. Once up they do not look like plastic curtain hooks and match the rods nicely. The finish on the fabric shower curtains is what I wanted. This type of fabric is not only great if we forget to close the windows if it rains but it also seems to repel dust better than a cotton type fabric would.

I went with the soft white color since the interior and cathedral ceiling and beams are shades of white. The shower curtains are easily opened to let in the light or closed to filter the sunlight. Each curtain was purchased at Wal-Mart for $10 each x 12 is quite a savings. the size was a perfect fit for the double hung windows. It also creates a summer sort of nautical look. Very easy care.

Uses for Shower Curtains
Uses for Shower Curtains
Home and Garden Home Improvement WindowsMay 28, 2010
Hanging Curtains With Pleat Hooks
Hanging Curtains
Measuring Windows for New Curtains, Gold colored curtains and white sheers hanging on a wondow.
Measuring Windows for New Curtains
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure