Cheap Chip Clip

Use clothespins as chip clips. For years, I have used clothespins for chip clips. You can get 40 or so for $2 in most stores. I also use them for sealing cereal bags so they won't go stale.

By Roger from Hampton, VA

I do the same thing :) I have a bunch of them that I vividly painted and have in a vividly painted basket (smile)

Lots of different uses for those clothespins!

Have a great weekend!

Got one even cheaper,,,,,,,, when I buy a pair of pants, I take home the hanger and cut off the clips and use them for chip clips,, they have 2 kinds and I like both of them. If the store don't offer them to you, ask for them, usually they are in a box under the counter and they will give you all they have. Good Luck!

I've been doing that for years too....I use for any sort of a pkg that I want to keep closed. I use those pants hangers for my slacks and really love if I can get the small sized ones for my children's clothes. Yes, I have seen them in the trash barrels in Wal-Mart near the exit door and they are more than happy for you to cart them off! When I get enough for all our pants & shorts, then I'll start to use those clips as "chip clips". I do happen to think that the wooden clip clothespins are better. I bought a package of plastic ones but some have broken or been stepped on by the kids. The wooden ones seem to be more sturdy. Also I keep a clothespin or two in my van in case I need one. I take a few on vacations too because they do come in handy!

YOu can also use paperclips. Just fold down the flap and clip!

Also use clothspins on the bread bag instread of the twisty tie. It much quicker to remove.

A binder clip used as a chip clip
Chip Clip Ideas
Food and Recipes StorageJuly 21, 2006
Cheap Date Ideas, Young Couple in the Park
Cheap Date Ideas
white and red chip clips
Uses For Chip Clips
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver, For Sale sign in Window of Used Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver
ribbon and balloon hair clip
Making a Birthday Hair Clip