Turn Off A/C At Night To Save Electricity

If you live in the Northern/Midwest states (or just about anywhere) and it's 70-75 degrees F outside at night, you can turn off your air conditioner at night. Your apartment/condo will stay cold until morning. I turn my A/C off after 10 PM and it is very cold in here until 10:30 AM.

By Kelly from Medina, OH

Great idea, except for when we have those hot and sticky, humid Northeastern Ohio nights!

We don't have a/c due to hubby's health (he couldn't handle the sudden temp changes.) However, I turn off the ceiling fans in the front of the house before I go to bed. It's that principle someone on TF mentioned awhile back: don't heat or cool unoccupied rooms if you can help it. I don't have the know-how to block off heat vents, but turning off the fan is as easy as flipping a switch.

Woman Using Fan to Cool Off
Reducing Energy Usage in the Summer
Better Living Green Living ConservationJune 20, 2011
moonflower closeup
Growing Moonflowers
Using a Water Heater Timer
Using a Water Heater Timer
Clothes Dryer
Clothes Dryer Tips
Electrical Timers
Uses for Electrical Timers