Training a Dog Not to Run Out the Door

How do you teach a dog not to run out the door every time it is open?

By Vicki from Lubbock, TX

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

My Izzy is 7 months old now and I had to put her leash on each time someone was at the door. She knew"sit" but being a puppy she wouldn't stay. I now have a baby gate at my front door during the day when it's open. She now sits and stays when the door is opened to let someone in. Just the same simple commands work for most. Good luck.

Thank you for your idea.

On animal planet, I have seen the trainer teach the dog to sit and stay. I am working on my dogs. They are dachshunds and very stubborn so it goes slow.

Pets Dogs Training AdviceAugust 25, 2010
pug in a crate
Crate Training a Dog
A hole in a pair of pantyhose.
Fixing a Run in Your Stockings
Pug looking guilty.
Training a Dog to Poop on a Training Pad
agility training for your dog
Agility Training for Your Dog
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 1:41:26 PM on 10.0.2.167 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.