Growing Bell Peppers

I am starting my first veggie garden. I would like tips on growing green, red, and yellow peppers.

Hardiness Zone: 8b

By Cindi

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

One year I planted sweet corn in a square and planted the bell peppers inside the square and watered and watered. The peppers seemed to like the water and the shade. I would recommend a mulch to hold the moisture, but the peppers do like the water and the heat and the light shade.

My girfriend swears by epsoms salt to grow her peppers nice and big. This year I am going to try it.

I would say start with a small amount like a teaspoon spread around the perimeter of the plant but not on it or too close to it.

Good Luck and hope you have a great pepper crop this year.

Closeup of green bell pepper on vine
Growing Bell Peppers
Home and Garden Gardening GrowingMarch 27, 2011
Stuffed Yellow Peppers
Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipes
Freezing Bell Peppers, Canning Bell Peppers, Peeling Bell Peppers, Drying Bell Peppers, Storing Bell Peppers, Growing Bell Peppers, Selecting Good Bell Peppers, Red, Green and Yellow Bell Peppers
Peeling Bell Peppers
Selecting Good Bell Peppers
Storing Bell Peppers
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 1:52:44 PM on 10.0.0.27 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.