Dress Advice for Renewing Vows

What type of dress is appropriate for vow renewal?

Erin from Cincinnati, Ohio

Are you having a formal affair? Or are you doing something informal and casual?

You can e-mail me at speigelevents @ msn.com (remove spaces)

Any chance you can still fit into your wedding gown? If so, I would wear it, if not, I would at least wear my headress and viel and try to recreate my bouquet. If the gown doesn't fit, perhaps it could be restyled in a more modern way, I would favour making it a skirt and jacket if that is possible, depending on the style

We renewed our wedding vows last Oct. I wore a full length black gown, strapless with ivory accents along the shoulders. My husband wore a black dress jacket with a white dress shirt, red tie and black wranglers. I think it should be what you're comfortable in. It doesn't have to be white . . .

Keep it simple above all! You are most likely not a youngster if you're renewing vows, so don't try to look like one in your original dress and/or veil! Choose a formal look if you like, but something totally different than an actual wedding gown. Try to make your celebration new and original rather than a tired look back at your glory days, and keep the emphasis on the friends gathered for your party rather than yourselves.

HI my husband and I are planning on renewing our vows for our 10th wedding anniversary, which is in two years. When we got married it was in a court house and only my dad and my kids were there. I had just given birth to our son two weeks before so there was no dress. I know it may sound stupid but I would love to buy and wear a nice wedding dress and have my mom and in laws there as well. Any advise?