Repairing a Mower Jackshaft

I bought a Yard King Performance 42580X89 from my landlord. I went to go mow the lawn and noticed a large vibration and a loud coming from deck. The jackshaft threads are stripped for the right side of the deck. What can I do to repair/replace the jackshaft?

By Geoff from Morganton, NC

Talk to your landlord. He must have known he was selling you a defective machine.

If that doe'nt work visit a small engine repair shop and ask them. They will share the information you need.

Thanks I'll try it out. I just need to do something and quick grass is growing up quick. Thanks again.

I asked my husband about your mower problem. He says if the jackshaft is the part that holds the blade in place, you will need to replace it. The blade could fly off if the shaft is bent or broken.

Man Repairing a Lawn Mower
Repairing a Lawn Mower
Home and Garden Repair Machines Lawn MowersApril 14, 2011
Lawn Mower Carburetor
Repairing a Lawn Mower Carburetor
Riding Lawn Mower
Repairing a Troy-Bilt Riding Lawn Mower
Mowing With Weed Wacker
Mowing a Lawn Without a Mower
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start