Uses for Recycled Zip Lock Bags

I get my cheese sliced in these wonderful zip locks. Their unigue shape got me to thinking that I can use them for other things besides food. Once they are cleaned and dried you can use for:

• During this horrible weather we all seem to be having, you can keep mail or money/deposit slips dry while on the way to the post office or bank.

• In the car, keep your receipts for gas and other travel expenses organized.

• If you just have a few coupons, they are great for taking into the store with your list.

• Keep stamps and pens/envelopes handy in the glove compartment.

• Got photos to copy or file? These work great.

• Keep first aid or stationary items in your car.

You can all think of many more, I am sure. I hope this helps!

Source: My own brain always thinking.

By Sandi from Yorktown, VA

I love this idea! Brilliant way to keep things organized and protected! Thank you for sharing this!

I reuse mine also, but usually for food :-) A half of a pepper or onion, stay well in them. But, not I will think of other uses :-) Thanks for the tips.

God's Blessings

Trish in CT

Great idea, Sandi! These would work well for storing hair accessories and even to pack items such as q-tips, deodorant, cotton balls, brush, comb, etc while traveling :-)

My time and water re washing the bags is more valuable than using a cheap (from dollar stores and discount stores) bags of this type.

I would only use the cheese bags for garbage items, smelly tuna cans etc.

Well I might try this idea. Not sure I want to wash those bags but yet once you put it into use holding items in your vehicle, keeping coupons, stationery, etc, it's not likely you have to wash again. The plastic zipper bags that shredded cheese comes in are pretty nice and I've always hated throwing them away.

I use mine to pack stuff in when I'm going to travel. Makeup in one, toothbrush in another. And an empty for the used undies. I've also found that the plastic grocery bags work well for packing your shoes. Not only does it help protect them from getting scuffed, but it also keeps them from getting your clothes dirty.

A good way to keep them out of the landfill. Thanks for posting.

Ziploc Bag
Reusing Ziploc Bags
Photos OtherMarch 2, 2010
Zip Top Bag With Strawberries
Using Zip Top Bags
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Gift bag made out of a sugar bag craft
Craft Uses for Sugar Bags
🎉
🎄