General AdviceConsumer Advice

Locating Old Christmas Plays

My grandmother used to collect Christmas plays to perform at church. She seems to think that they were included with the magazine Progressive Farmer. Sadly, she loaned these to a friend one day and the friend never returned them, even when she moved away! There was one in particular that she was looking for this past Christmas and it was entitled "If I Could Be a Child Again for Christmas".

I actually was in this play when I was young and now she would like to direct it again. I think it centers around a Scrooge like character who is dead set against Christmas and after being convinced by children, etc. he comes around to wanting to be a child again for Christmas. I have searched the Internet and even written to Progressive Farmer (with no reply). Has anyone ever heard of this play or know where I can find it? Does anyone even remember Christmas plays being included in Progressive Farmer? Thanks for all of your time, efforts, and help!

Jamey from Chapel Hill, NC

At the end of the Amazon and Alibris sites there is a place to contact them. why don't you write and see if these book stores have a book with the play in.

My minister as a child wrote that play. I have the song, but not a copy of the play. His name was Ernest K. Emurian and he was the minister of Cherrydale United Methodist Church in Arlington, VA for 19 years. You might try writing the church (or calling) to see if they have a copy of the play. The address is 3701 Lorcom Lane, Arlington, VA 22207. Phone: 703-527-2621. Send me an email at gjcarten AT verizon.net if you want a copy of the song.