Making Mock Condensed Milk (like Eagle Brand)

With the holidays coming sooner than we think, it is time to make those delicious recipes that call for Eagle Brand condensed milk. But it is really expensive to buy. So make your own with this simple recipe. I guarantee it works as well as the real thing!

Mock Condensed Milk

Mix together in your blender: 2 1/4 cups Milk Powder, 1/4 cup warm water, and 3/4 cup granulated sugar. Pour into covered container and refrigerate until cold and thick. This amount is equal to 1 can Eagle Brand.

By Harlean from Arkansas

I have a recipe almost like yours but the one I have calls for three tablespoons of melted butter also. It taste just like the real thing. I never buy it from the store anymore.

Sandy from TN

why in the name of god would anyone want to make this when eagle brand is perfect""""

"why in the name of god would anyone want to make this when eagle brand is perfect""""

"

Well, let's see. How about you don't have any on hand, and don't want to drive to the store right then. Or, maybe you'd just like to make a less expensive version, since a can is over $2 where I live.

P.S. I also use 3 T. melted butter in mine.

My husband is a diabetic and I want to make pies sugar free as possbile. I agree with you I would rather buy the good stuff.

thanks so much, i am going to try this recipe this christmas.

Homemade Condensed Milk
Homemade Condensed Milk Recipes
Make Your Own MiscellaneousOctober 11, 2004
 Evaporated Milk
Substitutions for Milk in Recipes
Freezing Milk
Freezing Milk
Milk Jug Snoopy
Milk Jug Snoopy Craft
🎉
🎄