Repairing a Vinyl Bean Bag

By Kathy 3 4

We have a vinyl bean bag that has a couple of tears in it thanks to a new puppy. I have taped over the holes with duct tape but the tape keeps coming off around the edges and it looks really ugly. Does anyone know how I can repair a hole in vinyl?

Kathy from Parker, CO

Showing: Answers Sort

By LEONA LABINE 46 398 Flag

What about an iron patch, the kind used to patch clothes. I would apply it to the inside of the vinyl. Turn the bag inside out and cut the patch @ 2" bigger than the tear, make sure the spot to be patched is nice and flat. Put a dish cloth over the patch and press with a medium hot iron. You could keep the duct tape on the outside it will help to keep the tear flat and remove after the patch has cooled.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Betty 14 78 Flag

You can purchase different colors of tape or use clear. Your problem with the corners coming up is that it should be cut with rounded corners.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Cindy Strouse 27 Flag

I recovered my bean bags by cutting pieces a little larger than those on the chair and sewing them together. I made a hem at the botton and threaded a piece of nylon rope through the hem to use as a draw-string. I used a fur material; anything with some strength to it would work. That way I didn't have patched chairs but "brand new"!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Mary Lou 14 765 Flag

I would get one of those repair kits that are used for air mattresses and try that.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By lisa Hegewald 5 47 Flag

You should be able to get a vinyl repair kit at your auto supply store. It is used to repair vinyl seats and roofs (like when the garage door opener falls off the ceiling and scratches the vinyl roof of the car - could only happen to me :o)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Repair FurnitureMarch 23, 2009
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
abstract tree wall decal
Making Vinyl Wall Decals
Cleaning a Vinyl Record
Cleaning Vinyl Records
Photo of spring cleaning supplies.
Cleaning Tar Off Vinyl
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 8:17:22 AM on 10.0.0.168 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings