Paint Color Advice for a Hunter Green and Oak Kitchen

We are wanting to paint our kitchen walls. The problem, we have hunter green countertops, oak cabinets, and a built in shelf that is painted a green color called "ground cover". What color would be recommended to paint the walls?

By Brittany from Loveland, OH

I think an ivory color would be lovely. Or a light tan, something along those lines.

I like the tan/cream concept if it's the same tone, but obviously much more subtle than the green. Another option is to go with a light green that blends but is 3-4 colors down on the paint chart from the hunter green.

I vote for the ivory color too! I think you want a color that is more to the yellow side. Come to think of it, a very light yellow would look good too!

I have hunter green paint on an accent wall in my living room. The other three are a medium tan. They look great together. Make sure you test the tan though. Many have an underlining color (such as a pinkish tint, etc.) that may appear more prominent once you paint the whole room.

Something close to whitewash's colour would look pretty too, it would give it the look of a little Irish cottage, I think. The cream idea is also very nice, or a barely there buttery colour too. Whatever you choose, I hope you'll share a photo!

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating KitchenFebruary 23, 2011
Oak Pedestal
Refinishing Oak Furniture
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Dog the Bounty Hunter Costume
Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
🎄
🍂