Removing Oil from a Leather Chair

Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove oil from a leather chair?

smoochie

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I have some leather cleaner that I purchased from a furniture store. I got it out the other day to use on a leather chair that someone got butter on. The instructions said to not clean a spill that contains oil; it went on to say that the leather would eventually absorb the oil. That was about a week ago and I noticed the spot is disappearing. Good luck!

I'd try sprinkling some cornstarch on the oil stain. It might hasten the absorption and I don't' think cornstarch will hurt the leather.

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsDecember 6, 2007
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 2:13:57 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.