Storage In Small Bathroom

How can I add storage space to a small powder room with a pedestal sink? I need something pretty to store toilet tissue and cleaning products in.

Stacked hatboxes are great decorative storage, if you have the room.

If you don't, maybe adding a skirt to the sink will give you the storage you need.

Hanging a small cabinet on the wall is an option, too.

Is there space on the walls to put shelves about 10 to 12 inches from the ceiling (providing its your own home or with landlords approval)? Use baskets or boxes covered with either contact or wallpaper to coordinate with the room.

There are over-the toilet Etagerie's available @ most discount stores and home improvement stores. Many of them are very nice, with shiny chrome or brushed steel, and glass shelves. There are also natural wood or white painted wood ones.

Baskets with lids!

Also, I don't store cleaning supplies in my small bathroom. I keep them all in a bucket in a nearby closet.

I have been thinking about putting a velcro strip around near the bottom of my pedestal sink and then attaching a "skirt" around it so I can store stuff underneath. I just haven't done it yet.

I installed inexpensive triangular molding on three sides of the wall above the vanity light fixture. It was nailed 12" from the ceiling to hold an open shelf, about 20" deep. The bottom of a scrap piece of plywood, cut to size, was painted to match the ceiling and press-fitted above the molding. A true perfectionist could also trim the facing edge with molding, but I painted mine. Large amounts of t.p., paper towels and lightweight cleaning supplies hid attractively on this shelf behind silk flowers & a potpourri jar for fragrance. This area could also be covered with a curtain or even a framed mirror for reflected light.

Organizing BathroomSeptember 11, 2008
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors, Reflection in a mirror of boy drying his hair with a blow dryer.
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
Bathroom Tiles
Bathroom Tile Color Advice
Small Walled Garden
Gardening in Small Spaces