Terra Cotta Pincushion
This is a cute pincushion using a terra cotta pot for the vessel to hold the batting in. You could paint the pot. I chose to decorate it with sewing trimmings.
Approximate Time: 1/2 hr.
- cotton fabric
- 2 1/2 inch tall terra cotta pot
- needle and thread
- paint if desired
- fabric glue or hot glue
- Turn the pot upside down on the cotton fabric and draw a circle 4 inches larger then the pot opening. Cut the circle out.
- With a needle and thread do a running stitch around the circle close to the edge.
- Gather the circle closed as you go, leaving an opening large enough to stuff.
- Stuff with lots of batting. Make it very tight and pull the thread taunt until the hole in completely closed.
- Sew closed.
- Wedge the fat ball of stuffing into the pot and glue with hot glue or fabric glue.
- Smooth out the wrinkles if any.
- I put a small flower on the top with a rose on it. I glued 2 rows of rick rack around the top. The I put some trim in between the rick rack.
- Add cute pins and enjoy!
September 11, 20090 found this helpful
Cute! Is that a chipped pot? If so, what a great way to use it!
September 26, 20090 found this helpful
This is a really cute! I am going to get busy and make a few for Christmas. Thanks for the idea.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 21, 2016 at 12:43:37 PM on 10.0.1.107 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us