Temporary Computer Desk

I need a computer stand but I don't want to buy one because I will be given a nice computer cabinet in a few months. Until then do you have any frugal ideas as to what I can use to sit my desktop computer on in the living room?

Onesummer

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Use cinder blocks to hoist up a plank of wood, or milk crates to hold them up.

Try a sturdy tv tray

Last time I had this dilemma I used the box the computer came in. Leave the packing styrafoam in it for support and throw an old tablecloth or towel over it. Set it on the printer box if it is not high enough.

A hollow type door will work nicely. Use cinder blocks for the legs or support or use 2 small filing cabinets - then you have drawer space also.

My hubby and I both have our own computer. We use a door for the top and put a 2 draw filing cabinet on each end to hold it up. Very sturdy and works great for us.

Good luck

I am using a old bakers rack, here is the link

http://www.thri  1040458.tip.html

I agree with one of the other post on here use cinder blocks and a piece of wood plank for your desk top. Cinder blocks look actually nice if you set them up the right way and you can even make a entertainment center as I did one year, I had got more compliments on it. Good luck.

Several suggestions but she's waiting on a cabinet and I'd think she would not want to go out and buy cider blocks or file cabinets. I'm in a similar situation; mine in on a table I don't like and I don't want to spend a lot of money on furniture when the table works just fine.

Consumer Advice General AdviceSeptember 25, 2008
Leather Topped Desk
Removing Paper Stuck to a Leather Topped Desk
Drawer Organizer
Desk Drawer Organizer Ideas
Desk Calendar
Making A Desk Calendar
A messy computer desk.
Organizing Your Computer Desk
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 2:16:51 PM on 10.0.0.27 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.