Browsing: Making Homemade Baby Wipes

Safe Baby and Adult Wipes

Ingredients

• 1/2 roll BOUNTY paper towels (the others turn to mush)
  • 3 cups water
  • 2 T. baby oil
  • 2 T. baby bath OR baby shampoo

Directions

Cut Bounty in half with serrated or electric knife. Place cut side down in airtight container. BOIL WATER (Boiling the water will stop any mold growth) add baby oil and shampoo or bath. Pour over paper towels. Remove wet cardboard tube. To use, pull wipes from center. NOTE: if baby has diaper rash, add 1 T. white vinegar to the solution when making. This will really help dry it up!

I use a Folger's plastic coffe can for my container. It's the perfect size! To use: fill with cold water and 1/4 cup white vinegar and let sit overnight, this removes the coffee smell. You can make these wetter or drier by adding more or less water.

I always keep a tub of these in the car for everyone.

I have also torn off and folded a half roll of towels and put them in a wipe warmer before pouring on the solution.

Reba from Mississippi

My name says it all. However I'm not hardwired to be over kill on my organic antic's. The only, problem I have with home "made" baby wipes is, with the actual material being used to make these baby wipes. When I read home made baby wipes, I think, A) baby, B) wood and those 2 don't = out in my mind. I'd suggest not using paper towels as the chief material. Now, it is a little known fact, wood is what paper towels are made of. You read that correctly, wood is what paper towels are made out of. So, your basically wiping your baby's butt with wood paper or your own. I'd use another type of material other than basic paper towels to make these. I've always known this but, it's not something the common consumer knows. Never use paper towels to clean your Television screen or computer screen. Seriously! especially a flat screen. Amazing information! you learn something new everyday huh? It is a great idea if the purpose is "general" to clean countertop's, bathroom's etc.,. I'd suggest using "organic" or non-organic shea butter oil or aloe vera gel oil you can purchase this off of any "soap making website" they often have great deal's and some offer free shipping! You can also fragrance them with any Essential Oil such as lavender...I would not use anything but Lavender on a baby. But for cleaning and general purpose orange EO, or lemon EO with a splash of tea tree EO, would be fantastic!! Have a great day and keep on being thrifty!

Photo of a baby on changing table.
Making Homemade Baby Wipes
Make Your Own Baby ItemsNovember 3, 2004
Baby Wipes Container
Uses for Baby Wipes
Baby Wipes
Saving Money on Baby Wipes
homemade boogie wipes
Homemade Boogie Wipes
Baby Wipes
Rehydrating Baby Wipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 17, 2016 at 12:26:32 AM on 10.0.1.95 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.