Reuse Plastic Food Containers for Storage

Any time if my mother would buy sherbet ice cream, she would usually keep the containers to clean out first and use the containers for anything. For Example:

• Put food in them so we wouldn't use any plates, saving money from the water bill, Ajax soap, and time in the kitchen.
  • Containers to store seeds.
  • Store liquid substances at room temperature, depending how long before you are going to put it in the freezer or whatever place is needed.
  • To place soaps in while taking a bath, so it not disintegrate by heavy showering or dropping the soap while taking baths. Also good for traveling with soap.
  • Keep it as a piggy bank.
  • Keep hard to find tiny objects in the container. Even label it "You forgot something", just as a reminder so you won't panic.
  • Plant a little flower in for your windows.
  • Use to store anything homemade. It could be chopped fruits/vegetables, makeup, remedies, jams, pickles, etc.
  • Decorate the containers as a gift for parties or whatever you want to do.

What's the point of buying small containers from a dollar store, when you can use food containers for anything.

Source: my mother, Kathleen

By ERM747 from Houston, TX

You took the words right out of my, umm, fingers, lol! I made a batch of pasta salad last weekend for a friend's birthday party in a public park. The 5-quart ice-cream tub was the perfect size. It also had a handle, which made carrying so much easier! If they hadn't sent the leftovers home with me, I wouldn't have missed it, we could've replaced it by just buying another tub of ice cream. :D

We save those big ice cream containers with the handles for berry picking in the summer! Also, you can use them to take food/desserts to get-togethers...then it's no big deal if you forget to grab it when you go home.

I use mine to store Quick Joe ice melt in it. I have a scoop in it. It is easy to pour the ice melt in from a container and scoop it out with the scooper.

Reusing Food Containers
Reusing Food Containers
Better Living Green Living ReusingJune 6, 2011
Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Uses for Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Plastic Lid Photo Ornament
Uses for Plastic Lids
Uses for Plastic Dog Food Containers
Food Storage Containers
Using Food Storage Containers
🎉
🎄