Cleaning Bathroom Fixtures Safely

I just moved into a new apartment where all the bathroom fixtures are new. I would like to know of a safe way to clean them. Also, my bathtub has a non-skid bottom (not strips). Any advice on what type of cleaning products to use ?

Thanks

By Louise from Queens, NY

If you will use a soft dry towel to wipe off all the fixtures and show/tub after use - you'll never need to "clean" them.

Anonymous

Good old fashioned distilled vinegar and water solution to cleanse and wipe the fixtures off with a dry cloth after use to keep the water spots away.

I use Windex window cleaner on mine, and vinegar if there are mineral deposits. A toothbrush is good to clean out crevices. And the other ladies are right, a swab down with a towel after using really cuts down on the cleaning as things are never grungy.

By the way, I am talking about the fixtures, not the tub. I always use Mr. Clean on the tub, and the magic eraser is good if you need some "scrubbing".

Do not put "The Works" on the shiny faucet, etc. It took the shiny finish off mine. May just be for the sink part, but did not do a good job on that.