My Frugal Life: Fun Ways To Save Money

I have always been a thrifty person and actually find it fun to think of ways to recycle things and save money. My Frugal Life I'm sure these may not be new ideas to some, but these are a few things that come to mind that will help you save money:

• Install a hot water heater timer. Use the hot water heater only one hour a day, if possible, and set it to go on during the lowest priced kilowatt hour per day. (Hot water heaters use approximately 12% of the power bill that you pay for every month.)

• Use the library and check out DVDs and CDs.

• If the strand of lights goes out on your Christmas ornamental yard deer, etc., just remove the non-working lights and put on new ones.

• Make your own Christmas blend coffee with spices and dried orange peel.

• If you need something to display your nativity or other decor on, look around your garage, yard or house to re-purpose a large planter, box, etc., and cover with a festive table cloth and no one will ever know.

• Cut out snowflakes with ordinary paper to make low priced and very pretty decorations for your home or office.

• Don't throw the plastic containers that food, etc. come in away until you have thought of a way to reuse them to make useful objects.

• Make weekly visits to your local thrift stores and pay a fraction of the price for things you need/want. (I just bought a dozen crystal drops from an old chandelier that was broken and it only cost me $1.)

I hope these help you to save money. One last hint, don't forget to look on the internet first for those codes for % off and free shipping offers for those Christmas gifts.

By CDC from FL

Do you have a frugal story to share with the ThriftyFun community? Submit your essay here: http://www.thriftyfun.com/post_myfrugallife.ldml

Couple Working on Household Expenses
Saving Money on Household Expenses
Better Living Frugal Living My Frugal LifeDecember 10, 2010
Piggy Bank Surrounded by Money
Adding Up the Savings of a Frugal Life
Putting Money in Change Purse
Living a Frugal Lifestyle
Vacation Fund Jar
Frugal Vacation Activities
A young child counting coins.
Teaching Your Kids About Frugal Living
🎉
🎄