Adding Zip to Our Living Room

Our living room lacks zip. It has an off white couch and dusty pink pillows. What contrast colors can I add? Sage green? If so, what else? I'd appreciate your ideas!

Janie from WA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Get rid of the pink pillows and get some new, bright fun colors to toss on the couch. There are all kinds of inexpensive throw pillows at a store in our area called Hobby Lobby, from bright solids to ethnic and animal prints. Choose a bright color in the pillow pattern and use that as an accent in paint color (shades lighter & darker) and accessories. Get rid of unnecessary nick nacks. They make a place look dated and tacky. Go for a streamlined look.

Any color would accent your off-white couch nicely. Add your own personal touch... you are doing it for you (and your family)! So...

What is your 'favorite' color?

First pick a bold accent color. Paint your walls!

I also have these colors. Sage green carpet, white couch, and dusty pink chairs. I have chosen burgandy accents, pillows and all the colors in flower arrangements. I also have burgandy and white drapes. I have received many compliments on these colors even thought I live in Florida.

I like to jazz up a room by buying a pretty bowl and put pebbles and a Betta fish to match your decor because there are alot of colors of these fish, then tie a pretty colored ribbon around the bowl. And then maybe use more of that same ribbon to sew onto a pretty pillow as well to tie it in./ Linda in Calif.

Living Room Colors
Living Room Color Scheme Advice
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Room Color SchemesSeptember 19, 2005
Furniture in a Living Room
Arranging Furniture in a Living Room
Nicely decorated living room.
Living Room Wall Paint Color Advice
Living Room 2 Different Colors
Painting a Living Room 2 Different Colors
Room With Many Doors
Decorating a Room With Many Doors
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 2:27:53 PM on 10.0.2.188 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.