RepairingClothing

Fabric Dye from New Clothing Transferring to Skin

I bought my husband a new flannelette shirt. I have washed it 3 times and when he wears it the colour still comes off on his neck. Can anyone help? Please. Thanks.

By blondie 2 from Newcastle, NSW

Best Answer

Try soaking the shirt in a salt water solution overnight, then washing it. Mix 1 cup salt with enough warm water to cover the shirt completely. This may help set the color.

Best Answer

If the salt doesn't work then try white vinegar. Anytime I buy something new with color I run the sink full of hot tap water and add about 1 cup of vinegar, let it set overnight and rinse it a couple of times with cold water. If the water still shows color I then repeat the hot tap water/ vinegar overnight soak and rinse again. I never have had to go a 3rd time. Hope this helps.

The color isn't coming off. That is lint and eventually it will stop.