Beautiful Garden in a Hurry

I had just moved in at the beginning of summer last year and found a fabulous deal on flowers! There wasn't a flower bed on my acre! So right over my grass, I laid Eco Friendly roofing paper. Then flat bags of inexpensive top soil here and there. With a razor knife, I carefully cut the top off the bag, then took a screw driver and a hammer and punctured drainage holes in several places. Right in the bags, I planted the flowers, then mulched with pine straw over the roofing paper, around the bags, and carefully between flowers. Voila - a beautiful bed! No one could see the paper or bags! I added bushes and trees and just slit an X in the roof paper!

This spring, I carefully cut the bags and pulled them out. The bed is still beautiful! The easiest garden bed I've ever done! (I couldn't resist adding a picture of my vegetable garden, before everything bloomed this spring. I salvaged old school bleachers to do my beds.)

By Mammio from AL

That is so awesome! I am doing that with my old box fan metal frames!

A rain barrel hooked up to a down spout.
Frugal Gardening Tips
Home and Garden Gardening Helpful HintsJune 9, 2011
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
Garden Flag
Making Garden Flags
Rice paper butterfly on small pink flowers
Making a Butterfly Garden
Organizing Band-Aids
Organizing Band-Aids