Eyeglass Cozy Case

A quick and very easy to make eyeglasses/sunglasses holder. Make several: one for the car, one to keep by your favorite chair and one for your hobby room! These also make cute gifts for Christmas, birthdays or any special occasion!

Approximate Time: 10 minutes by machine. A few minutes longer if sewing by hand!

• pot holder
  • needle
  • scissors
  • thread
  • sewing machine (optional)

Eyeglass Cozy Case made with a potholder.

Fold the pot holder in half (fold one side over to meet the edges of the other side). The loop should be on top.

Hand or machine stitch beginning at the top edge of the long side and continue stitching down the side and across the bottom edge. (Reinforce the stitching at the beginning and end points with a backstitch or two.) Eyeglass Cozy Case made with a potholder.

Insert your eyeglasses or sunglasses and ENJOY! Eyeglass Cozy Case made with a potholder.

The loop can be used to hang the eyeglass cozy on a hook or possibly on the door or window handle in your car. The cozy helps you keep up with your glasses while protecting them from scratches! These holder are especially handy if you have several pairs of eyeglasses, sunglasses or readers.

By Pam from McMinnville, TN

That is a great idea! I'll never be able to look at a pot holder the same way again like I used to though ;-) LOL!

This is fantastic! Also fantastic timing too! My husband has been wanting me to make something for his truck that he can put his glasses in. But he wants it to stick to the windshield. I'm going to take your pattern here, and sew some suction cups onto the back of it. You've saved me a lot of time here! Thanks!

Extremely clever. I'm going to share this with friends, as we all have trouble with our glasses.

I made the one for my husband and he loves it. Now I'm thinking of making one for myself and hanging it on the side of my nightstand. I'm forever dropping my glasses on the floor when I take them off at night. This way I could just drop them in the case!

Making a Eyeglass Case from a Potholder
Making an Eyeglass Case from a Potholder
Crafts SewingAugust 26, 2009
Sewing Machine
Bobbin Case Keeps Falling Out of a Sewing Machine
Easy harmonica case and instrument.
Making a Harmonica Case
Close up of Cleaning Eyeglasses
Homemade Eyeglass Cleaner Recipes
Eyeglass Case Patterns
Eyeglass Case Patterns