Stocking Stuffers At The Dollar Store

Having five kids, I tend to get stressed about stocking stuffers. I even had my husband do it one year and he was so frustrated because he could not find many "little" items under five dollars. And that can add up quick! So my solution was "Dollar Tree". They have many stores, but we travel a few extra miles to their "super store". The children draw names and each child can buy five items. All of the kids buy for mom and dad. We laugh at what the kids buy for each other! It makes Christmas so much more enjoyable. And much less stress!

By Gina from Arlington, Texas

I just got back from the Dollar Tree. LOL! I go every week or so. I love that store. We live in Denton, TX and would definitely check out a "super store". I had no idea there was such a thing. What city is it in??? If you reply I might just check it out this week-end. My e-mail address is: margarett @ juno . com (remove spaces). Thanks.

Our Dollar Tree now sells gift certificate cards.

This is the place we take the girls to buy girfts for our and each others birthday gifts. I too love to see what they come out with!!!

Don't forget to stop at Target's dollar spot when their items got 75% off! Ive gotten flip flops and other cool things for a quarter! You can buy them all year long and stash them away until Christmas time.

You're right. Thats a great way to fill up a stocking and get the kids involved. We go there a lot, we only have two kids, but living on a limited income we have to get creative as well.

I get a lot of my extra Christmas decorations and all of my wrapping paper and gift bags there. The quality isn't any worse and it sure beats spending $5/6 or more on something you'll really only use once.

I also purchase a few things at Dollar Store for stocking stuffers. I just want to warn people that much of their stock comes from China so be very careful of lead and cadmium contamination. I only buy things there that are hopefully safe like coloring books.

Be careful of contamination by lead and cadmium in their toys. Also know that some food products are not what they seem. I picked up a "honey bear" container of what I thought was honey. In the small print the ingredients listed only high fructose corn syrup and no honey at all! Be careful and enjoy the bargains that you can get that are safe.