Frozen Peas and Corn for Pet Birds

Amongst the many pets I have, there is a sulfur-crested cockatoo, a rescue bird, who is a real joy. He came to us in extremely poor health, nearly dead in fact He had been fed most of his 4 years of life on dry dog food of all things. One of the ways I encouraged him to eat new food, was to give him frozen peas and sweet corn. They thaw very quickly, and being snap frozen are perfectly healthy. Curiosity overcame his fear of different food. They are now a favorite of Big Birds and so easy to get year round. Keep some in the freezer and use a small handful for your parrots. I bet they love them!

By vicki57 from Queensland Australia

This is totally worthy! Love the owner and love the bird! I am so moved by this story and the big and warm heart of the rescuer. Thank you!

Dear Vicki,

You are an exceptional human being, just demonstrated by your generous spirit and kindness to a bird. I have copied the story and the photo to many friends and acquaintances around the US. I did not use Tweeter or Facebook, or any other official social site but wrote to my own people. Your story will not be spread everywhere across America like wildfire, you will be acknowledged by genuine people who will respectfully adore you as l do. Win! You are worthy, and so is your beloved!

It is worthy and thank you for sharing this story.

The best joy to pet lovers is the love from a rescued animal. Its good to know you're helping something that was so helpless. all of my kitties are rescue kitties! Job well done.

Poor thing, so sad to see a bird in that state, hope he's making a good recovery.

He is adorable just the way he is, but you didn't share the name of your lucky little survivor.

I hope Big Bird is getting better each day. He deserves to be well-cared for now and to become his most healthy self, thanks to you.

He is a sweetheart and just look at that one lone feather on the top of his head! hehe

Here's to your good health sweetey bird. And to your good health too vicki57. :)

Cool. What a sweetie.

Love your bird! He looks half dead now, can't imagine what he looked like before you took him under your wing (pun intended He He!)

Photos Pets OtherDecember 29, 2010
Sugar Snap Peas
Freezing Snow Peas (Sugar, Chinese, or Sugar Snap Peas)
Freezing Black-eyed Peas
Freezing Field Peas (Black-Eyed Peas)
A stack of corn tortillas.
Homemade Corn Tortilla Recipes
Freezing Peas, Frozen Peas
Freezing Peas
🎄