Can I Use Baby Food Jars For Candles?

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can use baby food jars for candles? I want to do a project similar to sand art, using candles. I want to shred different color candles, put in a wick, and layer the shaved candles into baby food jars. Will this work or will the jars get too hot and break? Has anyone tried this before?

I save all my glass jars (spaghetti sauce, nacho cheese, baby food, etc.). I use them in the fridge, freezer and microwave. I've only had one glass spaghetti sauce jar crack and that was in the freezer. I think the chicken broth I had in it was still a little too warm when I put it away. Why don't you make a couple of candles for yourself and see how they work out before you give them away/sell them?

We always set our candles on an aluminun pie plates Just in Case,and Oh yes I have had supposily real candle jars crack and break from the heat.

The use of glass Baby Food jars for anything might not be too much longer for I have seen some plastic containers in a few stores over the last year or so.

Makes you wonder when they are going to try and sell us PLASTIC CANDLES?

I Guess if they could they would.

May your candles light up your smile and peace be with you.

Mr. Thrifty

Yes you can.I helped my grandchildren make some last year as gifts for Christmas. I must say they turned out rather cute.

Look at thewaxwagon.com at how they used the baby jars for candles as baby announcements. http://thewaxwagon.com/home1.html

Yes, I have made candles using baby food jars. They make great little candles. Have also decorated the smaller jars and used for votive candles, this one is a great craft for children.

Crafts Candle MakingJuly 16, 2006
Uses for Baby Food Jars, Three Jars Full of Baby Food
Uses for Baby Food Jars
Pickle Jar Candy Jars
Reusing Pickle Jars
Freezing Baby Food. Jar of Baby Food with Spoon
Freezing Baby Food
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
🎉
🎄