Wildlife: Prairie Chicken

This Prairie Chicken sat and posed quite proudly for over an hour for my husband. We live on a lake in a protected Wildlife Habitat area so we are treated to all kinds of God's creatures. Bald Eagles often grace the trees at our dock. We have turkeys and deer walk across our lawn often and we love it all. We are so blessed to live in this wonderful country where we have the choice to live as we choose.

By Ann from Loup City, NE

I kinda envy you and your country lifestyle. Such a magnificent view, but I know if we all moved to NE, it wouldn't be nearly as wonderful - it would be NY in the Midwest. Thanks for sharing!

I've been wondering what those birds are called since I moved here to Richland and now I know :-) I love the picture of your guy in the tree and I am giving you a thumbs up because I now know what breed they are ;-) Here's a picture I took of one from my patio last summer :-)

Photos WildlifeMarch 22, 2010
Squirrel eating a flower.
Protecting Bulbs from Wildlife
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Coneflowers (Echinacea)
Dividing Coneflowers (Echinacea)
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🎉
🎄