Bird Convention (Snowy Egrets and Canadian Geese)

These snowy egrets and Canadian geese seemed to be having a conference, as they were in the same place an hour later when I drove back by. The geese were letting themselves be heard while swimming back and forth in front of the egrets.

We have a few geese that stay year round, but most only stop over for a rest for a couple of weeks. Each day we have a pair that come up to our dock and stay a while. When the water is low, the egrets strut their stuff along the waters edge eating most of the summer.

By Ann W.

Hi I live in Ontario Canada, and I have seen one of those Egrets, while fishing near the Cavendish Plant, on Lake Erie. It is such a beautiful bird! Thanks for the lovely pic.

I had an experience with swans not wanting to share a big pond with Canada geese. Both resident swans were very actively driving the geese away. And it was no contest regardless of the number of geese -- they all departed for elsewhere.

BTW: Perfectionists are upset when exposed to mention of 'CANADIAN' geese. They are CANADA geese, according to said experts.

I agree. We have thousands of them that over-winter here in NE Ohio. If I was a Canadian I'd not want to claim them either. They are really dirty awful pests. Wherever they live people don't want to walk, believe me.

grosbeaks in the snow eating
Wild Bird Photos
Photos WildlifeApril 20, 2011
Ederly woman
Definition of Elderly
Driving on Snowy Roads, Cars driving on a snowy road.
Driving on Snowy Roads
Cardinal in a tree.
Cardinal Information and Photos
A stack of soft fluffy down pillows.
Cleaning A Down Pillow