Spicy Vegan Bean Burgers

Economical, easy, tasty and vegan.

• 1 can black beans (or any of your choice) rinsed well and drained
  • 1 habanero, minced or jalapeno if you do not like too hot or omit altogether and just add a little cayenne pepper
  • Ad
  • 1 cup sauteed, steamed or raw mushrooms (I use both raw and cooked depending on my mood)
  • Bread crumbs - Sorry I never measure but add a half cup at first and add as you feel needed
  • Salt and pepper
  • Add whatever else you want to add in here. I have added greens, garlic and various veggies at different times.

After draining beans, mash with a fork or potato masher. Don't worry about getting every single bean mashed just the majority of them.

With gloves ( I cannot stress this enough) wash and dry peppers) Chop them up removing core and stem. If you do not like too much heat do de-seed them but I never do as I like fire :) Add to the bean mixture.

After you saute your mushrooms or if using raw, chop them up as well. Add to the mixture above.

Season to your liking. I also put some cayenne in as well. Did I mention I like spicy? Start adding breadcrumbs and mix everything together.

This will not be a firm burger but it will hold itself together just fine.

Now you can add a little olive oil or spray and cook on the stove top in a pan for a few minutes each side or put in an 350 degree F oven and cook in there for about 15 minutes. I just do the stove top.

Put on bread of your choice and top as you would any other burger. I love to put tomato, greens, avocado, ketchup and whatever else I may have at the time.

Oh, and definitely don't forget the pickles.

Point of this "recipe" is that you can switch around the ingredients to your liking and for a cheap and vegan meal, you can get a bunch of yummy burgers :)

Servings: 4
Time:10 Minutes Preparation Time
6 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: my kitchen

By tone102 from Northern NJ

Vegan Black Bean Burger
Vegan Burger Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Sandwiches BurgersFebruary 10, 2010
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
a vegan salad
Simple Vegan Recipes
black bean burger
Bean Burger Recipes
Vegan Quiche
Vegan Quiche Recipes