Ziggy (Domestic Shorthair Cat)

Ziggy is a 14 year old Domestic Shorthair. My family adopted Ziggy when he was a very young kitten from a friend at school whose cat had a litter. He was the last boy when we finally got there to pick one out, and he was the runt, with a stumpy tail. His mom was ignoring/shunning him, and we had to teach him how to eat and hand-feed him because he was eating the litter when he first came home!

At this age, he basically just likes to lay around near people. If you lay down on the floor, he'll come and snuggle with you. When we go to bed, he's always right there waiting to get a spot. He does have a small "fake mouse on a string" toy he plays with once in a while, though! He also enjoys taking the dry food out of his bowl with his paw and then eating it off the floor. I don't really understand that, but it's cute!

Ziggy has been diagnosed with cancer (malignant hystiocytoma) and we are going to be consulting an oncologist soon (he has an appointment on 7/30/07). He had his second surgery at the beginning of this month (July 07), and he's doing well at this point. We have been told this is a very aggressive cancer, so please keep your fingers crossed for us that he can be treated and given more good years with a good quality of life!

By Jackie R. from Feasterville, PA

Ziggy will definitely be in my prayers, and you, too, to accept whatever happens. He has had a very good life, I can tell! God bless both of you!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

He's a likeable mellow guy. Sorry he's got a serious health challenge, hope he can overcome it and enjoy life a bit longer. What more could anyone, critter or human, ask?

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Healing energy and blessings are being sent to Ziggy and, you, his wonderful person.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a sweet story! I'm glad he's found a home with you, and I'll keep you all in my prayers, God bless you!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Ziggy is on chemo now (pills) and is doing well except for a low white count. He has an ear infection and isn't thrilled with the medication he's getting for that or the oral antibiotics he's getting for his low white count, but he's still a big ol' pile of love and eating! =)

Reply Like this photo? Yes