Bon Voyage Card
A fun, quick-to make card for a honeymoon couple leaving for an island vacation!
Approximate Time: 20 minutes
- 8.2" x 5.4" light pink cardboard
- 3.6" x 5.2" purple cardboard
- 3.4" x 5" piece cut from a tan colored cork sheet
- "post-it"-note cut from white paper, sized 1.3" x 2"
- 3 small silver brads
- the following scrapbook embellishments: a man's swimming trunk; a lady's swimming costume; a hand-mirror; a comb; a perfume bottle; curling tongs, and a hairdryer
- pair of standard scissors
- quick-drying glue
- Artline 750 marker
- one A4 sheet of white paper
- one light pink envelope
- Fold light pink cardboard in half to create a card 4.1" x 5.4." Use the ruler to make the fold neat and smooth.
- Glue the 3.6" x 5.2" purple cardboard to the front of the card, carefully ensuring that it is an equal distance from the edges.
- Affix the "post-it"-note to the front of the piece cut from the cork sheet, using one of the brads.
- Using the Artline 750 marker, write the words "Bon Voyage!" on the "post-it"-note.
- Affix the two swimming trunks to the piece of cork sheet, using a little glue at the back of each swimming costume, before ending it off with a brad.
- Arrange the rest of the scrapbook embellishments on the piece of cork sheet and carefully glue them in place.
- Glue the piece of cork sheet to the front of the card, carefully ensuring that it is an equal distance from the edges.
- Print a message on the white paper, cut it to the correct size and paste it to the inside of the card.
By BessieBessie from Pretoria, Gauteng
Read feedback for this post below.
Click here to post feedback.
Thank you, glad you liked it! :-)
I like this idea. You can even change the theme to baby shower, etc.
Add your voice to the conversation.