Share Crafts

Olive Oil Stain on Bedding

I recently got olive oil on my cotton bedspread. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get it out!

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By LuvMyGingerKids 46 316 03/11/2008

Bring it to a professional cleaner asap. Oil is the pits, but they should be able to get it out.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Kim 2 104 03/11/2008

simple green works on this dont rub in though rub opposite way i have also used wd 40 on oil stains in clothing believe it or not

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Jean in GA. (Guest Post) 03/12/2008

My husband works with machines that use A LOT of oil and he has to wear dress shirts, pants and shoes to work. We are talking white dress shirts. He is a teacher. When he first started there, I didn't know how to deal with the oil, so I would cut the shirts and pants to make rags. That quickly became way too expensive. So I started buying cheaper shirts 3 at a time at Walmarts. One day, I was in the auto dept. at Walmarts and another man was buying liquid soap to wash his car engine with and was telling his wife or girlfriend to use it to clean the oil spots on his clothes too with it. Then he told her to use hot boiling water, the engine soap and to let them soak. I then told him I had been listening to his conversation and asked about if any scrubbing was needed. He said no. It works.

I have used it for not only the oil my husband and his students spill on him, but for cooking oil, splatters that get on the floor after cooking. Red mud clay.This is some GOOD soap. Cost around $6 for a gallon. Just pour some in a bucket, enough boiling water to cover the item, then the item. Let soak overnight. Good luck, but I don't think you will need much luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By (Guest Post) 03/12/2008

Sprinkle oil with corn starch, let it soak up the oil, brush off corn starch, reapply until all of the oil is gone, the launder.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By jennifer (Guest Post) 03/13/2008

Rub some dawn dish washing liquid on the stain and then wet the area and work into a lather. Let set then launder. I work in a restaurant where I come home often with burger grease or fryer grease on my shirts. Dawn works even after I've washed and dried a shirt and then figured out I had a stain.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No