Olive Oil Stain on Bedding

By Josey 1

I recently got olive oil on my cotton bedspread. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get it out!

Showing: Answers Sort

By LuvMyGingerKids 46 316 Flag

Bring it to a professional cleaner asap. Oil is the pits, but they should be able to get it out.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Kim 2 104 Flag

simple green works on this dont rub in though rub opposite way i have also used wd 40 on oil stains in clothing believe it or not

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

My husband works with machines that use A LOT of oil and he has to wear dress shirts, pants and shoes to work. We are talking white dress shirts. He is a teacher. When he first started there, I didn't know how to deal with the oil, so I would cut the shirts and pants to make rags. That quickly became way too expensive. So I started buying cheaper shirts 3 at a time at Walmarts. One day, I was in the auto dept. at Walmarts and another man was buying liquid soap to wash his car engine with and was telling his wife or girlfriend to use it to clean the oil spots on his clothes too with it. Then he told her to use hot boiling water, the engine soap and to let them soak. I then told him I had been listening to his conversation and asked about if any scrubbing was needed. He said no. It works.

I have used it for not only the oil my husband and his students spill on him, but for cooking oil, splatters that get on the floor after cooking. Red mud clay.This is some GOOD soap. Cost around $6 for a gallon. Just pour some in a bucket, enough boiling water to cover the item, then the item. Let soak overnight. Good luck, but I don't think you will need much luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Sprinkle oil with corn starch, let it soak up the oil, brush off corn starch, reapply until all of the oil is gone, the launder.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Rub some dawn dish washing liquid on the stain and then wet the area and work into a lather. Let set then launder. I work in a restaurant where I come home often with burger grease or fryer grease on my shirts. Dawn works even after I've washed and dried a shirt and then figured out I had a stain.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Bottle of olive oil.
Removing Cooking Oil Stains from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning StainsMarch 11, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Bedding in a laundry basket.
Uses for Old Bedding
Bottle of olive oil.
Storing Olive Oil
Storing Olive Oil
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:02:45 PM on 10.0.1.8 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings