Pet PagesPets

In Memory of Baby (Persian Cat)

Our cat Baby was so beautiful. But she was also timid about cameras, and she knew I was a camera "bug." So I was very pleased to catch her in this pose one day. This was shot when she was about 15 years of age. She was "my baby" and faithful companion, and this photo is a tribute to her.

Baby was part of our family from 1993 until she passed away in 2009. I had always wanted a Persian and she was my dream come true when I found her advertised by a local breeder in our area. Baby loved to be anywhere I was around the house. If I was sitting at the computer, she would be beside me, her soft fur touching my feet. If I was watching TV, she would again be touching my feet or sitting in mine or my husband's lap. If I went outside, she would stand at the French doors and watch my every move. She definitely was my faithful companion.

She was always a gentle, sweet, quiet kitty who claimed "me" from the very beginning. She liked to chew on house plants, a big no-no. Sometimes, to give her something green to meet her cravings, I would bring her fresh grass blades to snack on, since she was scared to go outside.

Even at age 16, she still had enough "kitten" in her to swipe at a cat toy and want to play. But if she saw us looking, she was so funny, she would turn away, lift her head high, and slip out of sight. :) She passed away at the animal hospital when her electrolytes got too low after an upper respiratory infection. I miss my Baby!

By Rita S.

How beautiful Baby was!!! I know that you miss her so.

But she will always live in your heart.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Beautiful Cat. I know you miss her, but sorrow will fade leaving you room to pack in more love with another kitty one day. It seems that there is always room for One More when you are ready. I am so sorry that she had to leave you.

Thanks for sharing her with us.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thank you so much for your comments and encouragement. She was very special in my life, and I miss her deeply. Thank you for helping me honor my sweet Baby-Cat! She was definitely "one of a kind."

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a beautiful girl and indeed lucky to find such a caring family to spend her life with. I am a dog person German Shepherds but we have had rescue cats. She has crossed the rainbow bridge and will spend eternity in the same wonderful conditions that she lived on earth God bless her.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Baby was a gorgeous kitty, inside and out. Thank you for sharing her story with us.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Looking at her is like looking at my Pretty Girl. I had her for 11 years and not a day goes by that I don't still miss her. They are truly special cats. Thanks for the lovely pictures.

Reply Like this photo? Yes