Another Use of Barbecue Tongs

I do a lot of sewing and quilting. I realized one day that my long barbecue tongs weren't getting used for cooking, so I brought it into my sewing room. I attached a glue on magnet strip to one side and it is perfect for picking up scraps, retrieving things that slip behind my sewing machine cabinet, grabbing something that is out of my reach, and the magnet helps to pick up pins, etc. I don't know how I ever lived without it!

By Marlene from Larimore, ND

As I started reading I thought, "What the h....?" Then when I read your answer I had a good giggle and thought, Dang!! I'm going to get over to the Dollar store and buy one. What a super idea! Send it into the sewing magazines and earn yourself a prize. I think it is one of the smartest ideas I have heard of in a long time.

Way to go!

I too wondered at first. But this is so much better than those long "grab-it" gadgets that are sold. Those are so long that I can't reach the end that grabs things to remove the item I grabed :) . And the added magnet strip? Brilliant!

I put a pair of tongs in the garden shed. When the soil is fresh from a rain or soft - I use it to pull weeds.

I have moved my old barbecue tongs to the wash room. I use them to clean out the vent of the dryer after I remove the vent. There is also extra link down there. I use them also to retrieve things of the shelf above the washer. They are also great when you only want one or two things out the the hot dryer. You get grab what you want and the dryer continues without cooling off too much from you digging around in the dryer.

Uses for Cooking Tongs
Uses for Cooking Tongs
Crafts SewingDecember 2, 2005
Barbecue Beef
Barbecue Beef Recipes
Barbecue Sandwich
Barbecue Sandwich Recipes
Oven Barbecue Pork Chop
Oven Barbecue Recipes
Kitchen Tongs
Storing Kitchen Tongs
🎉
🎄