Halloween: Hermit Crab Costume
- red sweatshirt
- 1/2 yard red felt
- small bag polyfill
- red hat
- 2 white pom poms
- small piece black felt
- paper bag
- Cut 8 - 3 1/4 inch strips of red felt, the length of the child's arms. Taper at ends.
- Sew two pieces together to make tubes and stuff. There should be 4 arms total, two for each side. Stitch in 3 joints in each arm.
- Sew the arms onto the sweatshirt under and behind the sleeves. Use thread to attach arms to sleeves, the arms should all move together.
- Cut mittens in the shape of large claws, sew, and stuff just as arms, leaving room for hands to fit in.
- Antennas/Eye Stalks: Make small tubes from felt, stuff, hot glue a pom at end and pupil onto pom. Stitch onto hat.
- Shell: Have child decorate an inside out paper bag like a shell, fold creases into it to look like a shell spiral.
By Debi from Beaufort, SC
October 30, 20090 found this helpful
Oh my goodness, this is adorable! You made it sound so easy too. Maybe I can talk one of my boys into something like this for next year. Happy Halloween!
October 22, 20130 found this helpful
Love this costume! I am almost finished making it and was wondering how you attach the paper bag to the sweatshirt? Thanks!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 26, 2016 at 3:03:17 AM on 10.0.0.151 in 977 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us