Thumb Hole Cookies

I want to make some cake/biscuits like we made at school but I cannot remember what they were called or how to make them. They were pasty looking and crunchy on the outside and crumbly on the inside and you put a thumb hole in the middle and put jam in before baking. Please help, I'd like to make these with my kids.

Thanks,
LORNA from ISLE OF MAN

Best Answer

Yes go to smuckers.com and they have the recipes for the thumbprint cookies. Hope you find it. Please make some and then e-mail back, to tell me it they are what you are craving for.

They are called Thumbprint Cookies. You can find many recipes for them on the internet - just google it. They taste less sweet than most cookies, but then the jam in the thumbprint sweetens it up. We used to eat them for breakfast, sort of like biscuits and jam. The recipe at the following link looks like what I've used before:

http://southern … s/r/bl30223l.htm

hi. i remember that recipe SO WELL during domestic science class at school. since u are from the isle of man, i assume that u are british. i went to school in australia so everything there was british style too and they were called JAM BUNS at school. just google the name and u will get the recipe. basically, they are a sweet scone dough where u roll the dough into balls and put a spoonful of jam in the hole you make with your thumb. cover it up with the dough and put the jam filled side on the baking tray face down. bake as for scones. easy.