Recipes Using a Summer Sausage

Does anyone have any recipes to use a big Hickory Farms summer sausage? Thanks.

By ralphed from Middletown, NY

Have you thought about putting it in pasta salad? I make pasta salad using the rainbow rotini, black olives, baby corn on the cob, diced cheese and sometimes add pepperoni slices or diced summer sausage if I have it. Then pour Italian dressing over it to marinate nicely.

I do a pot of red beans and rice every month with chopped up Polska Kilbasa and some corn. You might want to think of that? Or, chop it up and freeze them, then when you make augratin spuds or stir fry, you have just some and don't have to thaw them all. Google the meat on and you will find hundreds of recipes.

We like it in hash. Just fry some onion, potato, and add finely chopped summer sausage. I put it in beans when I cook them in the crock pot. I use it in a breakfast bake. Just lay slices of bread in a baking dish. Layer on some thin slices of sausage and pour on enough beaten milk and egg mixture to cover. Bake 350 till eggs are set. You can even use it in soups.

I have one that I need to use too. Thanks for the suggestions.

You could make Sausage Stew in the crockpot. My family loves this, and the sausage seasons the stew so well that you don't need to add other seasoning to it. You can if you want, but we don't.

Sausage Stew

1-2 lb smoked sausage, cut into chunks

4-6 med. potatoes, cut into chunks

1 small bag baby carrots

1 med. onion, cut into chunks

1-2 stalks celery, optional

flour to thicken

Put chunked sausage, potatoes, baby carrots, onion, and celery (if desired) into crock pot. Add water until 3 inches from top of crockpot. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours (until potatoes are done), or on HIGH 5 hours. When done, use flour to thicken to your liking.

Hi! new here, and I was wondering what I could do with hickory farms summer sausage (you know, the little ones everyone gets for christmas, lol). Your recipe calls for smoked sausage. Can I use summer sausage instead?

I make something similiar but add in a can or two of either tomato soup or diced tomatoes, plus a dried cayenne pepper then serve over rice. It's a common recipe from south america around Guatemala.

Knife Cutting Summer Sausage
Recipes Using Summer Sausage
Food and Recipes Recipes Meats SausageApril 2, 2009
Sausage Pizza
Sausage Pizza Recipes
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Hot Italian Sausage
Recipes Using Italian Sausage
Baby mummy suasage appetizers.
Baby Mummy Sausage Recipes