Separating Fruit Trees That are Growing Close Together

I have a cherry tree and some how a pear tree also popped up next to that. Both trees bear nice fruits. How do I separate them without damaging either one? I would like to transfer the pear tree somewhere else. Thanks.

By Umankad from MA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

For the last several years they've been recommending planting 3 fruit trees in 1 hole to conserve space, I have 2 sets of 3 trees and all are doing well so don't worry about it just leave them as they are, if you're getting fruit and good growth don't bother disturbing them.

That will be a lot of digging to move one of the trees & both might die. I would let them stay as is to see what happens. They will need lot of TLC to (water & fertilizer) to make big fruits. Good luck.

Peach Tree
Growing Fruit Trees
Home and Garden Gardening Fruit TreesSeptember 21, 2009
orange tree in a terra cotta planter
Growing Fruit Trees in Pots
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Peach pits and fruit on white background.
Growing Peach Trees from Pits
Close up of ripe oranges on orange tree
Do I Need to Remove Fruit from My Fruit Tree?
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 7:35:00 PM on 10.0.2.89 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.