Looking for Privacy After Divorce

My partner has been divorced for 12 months. He has two children with her. She left him but he is still in the family home which is up for sale. The house will be split 60/40 to her when it is sold, but she still has a key for the house and comes and goes when she pleases. I am sure this is not right, everyone is entitled to privacy which we are not getting.

I have just found out that I am pregnant and my partner wants me to move into the house till it is sold. His ex wife has gone mad and has said she will move back in if I move in. What I wanted to know is if it possible for her to do this because surely I can live with my partner who is just trying to provide for me and our unborn baby. Could you give me some advice on this matter.

Kaz from England

Why is HE allowing this?

Why does'nt he change the locks on the door..

I agree - he should stand up for himself and you by putting a stop to her barging in. Simplest answer - change the locks!!!

1st of all...after 12 months and he hasn't changed the locks...I would be concerned about whether he doesn't mind her coming and going as she pleases.

Hi There Kaz!

I have to go along with everyone else on this -- it's his problem. I'd go one step further though and say don't move in until he's solved it -- you'll just be making it YOUR problem.

Good Luck Hon :)

The thing to do is change all locks and then get married. She then would have no right to enter since he would be remarried

To know whether it's legal or not, you should be consulting an attorney. He most definitely be changing the locks. I'd think twice before moving in with him with a situation like that.

Torn Photo of Happy Couple
Divorce Tips
Business and Legal Legal DivorceOctober 10, 2005
Privacy Screen
Making a Privacy Screen
Rolled up divorce decree with pen on legal pad
Spouse Won't Sign Divorce Papers
Visitation Rights
Visitation Rights After Divorce - Questions and Answers
House Surround by Plants
Adding Privacy With Plants
🎄