Tips for Stretching Cereal

Here's my tip for "stretching" breakfast cereal and chocolate milk:

For breakfast cereal, I try and stretch out the "good stuff" with some healthier stuff. For instance, I buy a box or bag of Fruity Pebble-type cereal. Once I put this into our rubbermaid type cereal container, I put in some Rice Krispies-type cereal. I "stretch" this by adding up to 50% of the more healthy option and mix well. I also do this with Kix cereal and Cocoa Pebbles-type. The kids haven't complained so far and I just made a box of their "good stuff" go a little bit farther.

As for the milk, I just think there is too much added sugar in pre-made chocolate milk. After the kids and hubby drink some, I just add in regular white milk and dilute it. They never know!

By Denise from NE

Some great tips! Thanks for posting.

Milk Being Poured in Cereal
Saving Money on Cereal
Food and Recipes Food Tips BreakfastOctober 11, 2007
Nail Polish
Stretching Nail Polish
Liquid Hand Soap
Stretching Liquid Hand Soap