Recipes Using Pollack Fillets

I have several pollack fillets in my freezer. I thought I liked this fish, but when I cooked it last time, I decided I am not crazy about it, but can eat it if I have to. Does anyone have any ideas of what to do with these to sort of disguise them, maybe cooked and ground up in something?

By Elaine from Belle Plaine, IA

Why not try wrapping them in foil, baking them, then flaking them, and make some fish patties just like Jo's

Salmon Patties? Just don't over bake them to start with so that they don't dry out.

I think they'd work in her recipe, even if you added a can of salmon in with the pollack since pollack is a milder fish.

There are not too many ways to disguise fish that I can

think of off-hand.

Good Luck.

HokeyPoke

Put shredded cheese on top and oven bake.

Add seasonings. Some choices are lemon-pepper, cajun, Italian, paprika. Experiment.

Make a fish chowder.

Have a fish boil, fish, new or red potatoes, carrots, onions, lots of butter.

Roll in crumbs and top with almond slivers.

Thanks Chanderson, that recipe looks good but it calls for smoked fillets which mine aren't. If it were smoked to begin with I would probably love them anyway as I like anything smoked.

Honeypoke, I wondered the same thing if I could make patties with them. I think I might use half salmon and half fish and see how it turns out. Thanks for the ideas.

Here in the Mediterranean island where I live, we make a sauce of a little olive oil, chopped onions, garlic, olives, capers and a can of chopped tomatoes, with plenty of basil, allow to simmer for about 15mins, add salt and pepper to taste and pour over the cooked fish. Very tasty and you can hardly taste the fish.

How about baking them and then chunking them up and make a sandwich spread/cold salad like you make tuna salad. I have never tasted Pollack but when I make tuna salad ( I don't care for tuna) I can hardly taste the tuna.

My mum cooks the fish in a little water then flakes it, mixes it with mash potato salt, pepper to season, then fresh or dry parsley, we have used chives when we had no parsley. She then forms them in to little patties and fries them in a little oil. These freeze great and they can be made with any fish from fresh to tinned.

I think I will try Honeypoke's idea with the half salmon and half pollack. After that I will will try Cett's idea making the sauce. That sounds good too!

First of all Hokeypoke, I got your name wrong, sorry. I did try the 1/2 salmon, 1/2 pollack. They turned out really well. I like to have individual servings so I put the mixture in my oversized muffin pan and 1 of those is a good serving I think. I froze the rest to eat at a later time. So Thanks Hokeypoke for the tip and thank you to the rest for your suggestions as well.

I put a little milk over them add lemon juice, salt, pepper & minced onion. Put in the oven for 10 minutes. Serve with asparagus spears that have been baking for 15 minutes. Yummy! 350 oven.

Penny, what does the milk do? Tenderize it?

Try fish tacos.

Fish Fillet on White
Fish Fillet Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes FishMarch 1, 2011
Vanilla Ice Cream With Mint on Top
Recipes Using Mint
Two crossed candy canes and a tree shaped cookie cutter.
Recipes Using Candy Canes
Fried Seafood Sandwich
Fried Seafood Sandwich Recipes
🎉
🎄