Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Champagne Cake Recipe

I am looking for a recipe for Champagne Cake. I remember getting it at a bakery in Bakersfield, CA many years ago. We would get it for special celebrations.

By Vickie from Montebello, CA

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Casey Eckert [28]03/12/2010

Hi Vickie: I'm from Fresno, CA, and we always had a Champagne cake for special occasions! Now that I'm in the midwest, though, I haven't been able to find in any any bakery around, nor do they know what I'm talking about! I visited Fresno in 2009 and my friend ordered the cake for my birthday - what an incredible treat! Don't know if "shadysadie"'s recipe is the real deal, but it won't hurt to try. Wouldn't it be something if we could make our beloved Champagne Cake whenever we wanted it? Good luck!

By sally03/11/2010

Heres a recipe I found hope this helppps.
Ingredients
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup butter
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup champagne
6 egg whites

Directions
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 10 inch round cake pan.
2.In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until very light and fluffy. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together, and then blend into creamed mixture alternately with champagne.
3.In a large clean bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the whites into batter to lighten it, then fold in remaining egg whites. Pour into prepared pan.
4.Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
Nutritional

By Bobbie939503/11/2010

Just Google champagne cake recipe, and you'll find lots of them. Good luck!