Mold on Silicone Caulking

I have mold on my silicone around the bath that is driving me mad. What can I use?

By geebird1

Mix up some bleach and water and apply to cauking. Wait until mold has dissolved then rinse well with water. Silicone will deteriorate over time. Then it has to be scraped out and replaced with fresh silicone.

If the mold was not cleaned before the silicone caulking it will be behind the bead, not on or in

the bead, unless the mold has grown through the bead from the inside.

This is my case. I don't seem to be able to get rid of the mold inside the tub wall, so I have no way

of bleaching the silicone beading that will work. I plan to try again and do even a better job than whomever let it get so bad in the first place many years ago. If it takes a month of bleaching and drying out, and repeating, I intend to let this application be the last one!

Good luck to you, as well. : )

I soak pieces of cotton ball and stick them on the moldy places and leave them for awhile - may need to be repeated if it's really bad. Hope this works for you and God bless you.

July 14, 2009 Flag

How do you safely clean mold from the silicone sealing used in shower recesses?

By Capitankringle from Ballina, NSW

Answers:

Mold on Silicone Caulking

Bleach will kill the mold. Silicone caulking ages after awhile and should be scraped out and replaced. (04/21/2009)

By foxrun41

Mold on Silicone Caulking

Put bleach on a cotton ball and place it on top of the mold. Do this on every spot and it will clear it up. Good luck. (04/28/2009)

By tedsmom

Mold on Silicone Caulking

If you have a lot of this mold, you can sponge or spray on bleach or diluted bleach. I would use it full strength, although it is stinky. Open a window. Be careful not to get the bleach on anything colored, towels, your clothes, and so on.

After it sits a bit, rinse it off. Be sure to give it a few minutes to do its work. It should not be necessary to scrub. I have to do this on my bathroom ceiling where I get a mildew problem, although we keep the bathroom well vented, open the window, and run the fan. Once these things get growing they are tough to eradicate completely. (04/28/2009)

By louel53

Moldy Tiles and Bathtub
Cleaning Mold in the Bathtub
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomJuly 14, 2009
Pink Silicone Cell Phone Case
Cleaning a Silicone Cell Phone Case
Re-Caulking Around Toilet
Removing Old Caulking
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
cleaning silicone spray from tiles
Removing Silicone Spray
🎉
🎄